Mission: To reach, support, and empower communities to serve Georgia’s children and families
We are committed to:
- Expanding opportunities through building community capacity in order to help children and families live healthy, productive lives
- Empowering communities through the process of identifying needs, finding solutions and implementing actions to solve them
- Identifying suitable performance measures in advance for progress toward achieving program success
- Supporting communities that are organized and mobilized to be able to achieve change
- Utilizing state and federal resources to ensure a sustainable impact on communities
The Governor’s Office for Children and Families has adopted an integrated approach to programs and services that promote strong families. By providing community funding, educational opportunities and technical assistance, we believe that communities and families will be able to increase their own independence and productivity. Organized into four divisions, Family Violence, Justice, Prevention and Family Support and Youth Development, we collectively facilitate the means to empower communities. Families are children’s greatest resource and children are OUR greatest resource.